Our 5 advices to visit the vineyards of Alsace
Discover our wine regions staying at private wine estates
Our teams are more than ever at your disposal to provide you with tailor-made stays to discover our regions, our appellations and our producers. To do this, you have the possibility to book on our website or to contact us to plan together a stay that looks like you in one of our beautiful regions.
Let’s start the year by making you want to go to Alsace which could not host a Christmas market the year and which is a region that is visited at any season but with a special charm in winter by going to warm up in the weinstub where staying at one of our winemakers!
As Valentine’s Day approaches, why not give a Wine & Spirit Lodging gift card to your loved one to enjoy a romantic stay in Alsace? ♥
Small in size but large in diversity, Alsace is an inexhaustible source of surprises and change of scenery for real moments of exception and tasting! The area is full of things to see, do and enjoy and not just during the holidays! The most famous appellations are: AOC Alsace, Crémant d’Alsace, Alsace Grands Crus, Château Chalon.
Our 5 advices to visit the vineyards of Alsace
- Cycle or walk through the vineyards to fully appreciate the beauty of the region: the mixture of mountains and vineyards gives Alsace a special charm that will surely seduce you and this a few minutes from Paris by train or the major metropolises of northern Europe: Stuttgart, Brussels, or Luxembourg…
In Alsace you can easily walk through the vineyards, discover the mountains by bike from one village to another by following the wine route and take full advantage of the natural charm Alsatian.
- Be ready to learn a lot by discovering the secrets of an exceptional heritage, between modernity and traditions. A region that has undergone many administrative changes and which still today claim its singularity in the new Grand-Est region. Castles, the battlefields of the First and Second World Wars and churches testify to the multi-cultural past of Alsace. For those who speak German you will have no trouble socializing!
The castle of the Upper Kœnigsbourg is an Alsatian castle of the twelfth century, deeply reworked in the fifteenth century and restored before the First World War under William II. The castle was built on a rocky spur facing west-east. The walls, which follow the shapes of the rocks, have an irregular structure. From west to east, we find successively:
- the bastions
- the upper garden
- the house with the living rooms and the keep
- the star bastion
A place not to be missed during your stay and always proposed in our stays!
- Plan a good hour of tasting minimum per winemaker! And yes the Alsatians are proud of their wines and their vineyard and they are right. In Alsace the wines are counted by number of grape varieties! In general 1 grape variety = 1 type of wine. Only a few grape varieties are sometimes blended like Edelzwicker or Heiligenstein. By tasting live on site at the winery, you will be able to appreciate the richness and diversity of the wines produced! The combination of rich soil and generations of wine-making know-how has made Alsace one of the world’s leading wine-growing regions. With 51 Grands Crus and seven grape varieties in the AOP (Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Noir, Sylvaner, Muscat), Alsatian wines are popular all over the world. You will meet renowned local winemakers and always ready to open their doors for a tasting. And again always plan at least 1h to taste it because each winemaker usually has many cuvées…
- Go on a diet before going on holiday in Alsace: fall in love with Alsatian specialities, rich and varied: sauerkraut (“chouerkraut”, pork or fish!), baeckoeffe, Flammekueche, Bretzel, Spätzles, Mannala, Kougelhopf and gingerbread… These world-class dishes will certainly not have the same flavour consumed on site, so get ready!
- Wander in the streets of the Alsatian villages: in this region may be even more than in others, towns and villages compete with beauty and elegance. Stroll through the picturesque villages in the heart of the Alsatian vineyards and admire the traditional half-timbered houses, the colorful facades and their balconies, overflowing with flowers.Let yourself be charmed by this typical decor! And listen to Benoit our wine exert in Alsace talk about his region and his wine!
Our must see villages :
Now what about getting some rest at one of our wine estate ?
Become a free member of our Club and enjoy a 5% discount at our wine estate when you book a stay there
Sylvie FAHRER and her son Raphaël BOSSERT welcome you in their guest rooms of the Domaine Sylvie Fahrer & Fils in the heart of the villages of Saint-LaurentHippolyte and Rorschwihr where for 4 generations the family is dedicated to giving the best of their exceptional terroirs by cultivating their vines in organic agriculture.
Special : half-timbered house in the heart of the village, the name of the rooms based on the names of Alsatian grape varieties, the breakfast room typical and full of charm. From 83€/night including breakfast (78.85€/night being a member of our club)
The Ruff family, at the head of the Domaine Daniel Ruff in Heiligenstein, at the foot of Mont Sainte-Odile, offers two cottages for rent: two bedrooms, equipped kitchen, views of the vineyards… Ranked among the most beautiful villages in France, the village of Mittelbergheimest at 3.5 km.
Special : a rare and little known AOP, close to all shops. From 330€/week (313.50€/week being a member of our club)
Sleep in the gites of Domaine Philippe Schaeffer located in the beautiful village of Epfig on the Alsace Wine Route. Discover the variety of wines of the estate installed in the town since the 18th century. The estate also produces brandy.
The plus: right in the centre of the village of Epfig and its magnificent half-timbered houses. From 45 euros/ night/ person and 10% discount on the purchase of wines by being a member of our Club!
To accompany you in the discovery of the vineyards of Alsace, find our experts in the region in interview on our social networks and maybe tomorrow at your side during a bachelor party, during a road trip with friends to discover a region, for a 1/2 day or day trip during a weekend or a week in our regions.